FCTC Article 7
All the parties of the treaty are legally bound to follow the necessary measures to implement the Articles 8-13 mentioned below;
- Article 8 - Protection from exposure to tobacco smoke
- Article 9 - Regulation of the contents of tobacco products
- Article 10 - Regulation of tobacco product disclosures
- Article 11 - Packaging and labeling of tobacco products
- Article 12 - Education, communication, training and public awareness
- Article 13 - Tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
The above mentioned actions are identified as highly effective non-price related measures to reduce tobacco consumption.
The appropriate guidelines to implement the articles are taken at the Conference of the Parties (COP). The COP is the governing body of the WHO FCTC that ensures objectives of the convention is achieved. It is comprised of all countries who have signed the Convention. COP keeps implementation of the Convention under regular review and takes the decisions necessary to promote its effective implementation. The parties should cooperate with each other directly or through competent international bodies to implement the treaty.
Tobacco Unmasked Resources
Other relevant TobaccoUnmasked entries:
- World Health Organization. Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, 2005, accessed March 2017