Arunadisi Traders Private Limited
The Arunadisi Traders Pvt. Ltd (Arunadisi Traderes) is a Sri Lankan company located at 476, Union Place, Colombo 02.
Link to the Tobacco industry
Gamani Hewamallika was the founder of The Arunadisi Traders Colombo, Gamani Brothers Kandy, Nimali Brothers Matale and Gamma Pharmaceuticals & Interpharm (Pvt) Ltd. It is reported that “Arunadisi Mudalali of Union Place, Colombo, became a rupee multi-millionaire via the cigarette distribution monopoly of Ceylon Tobacco Co. Ltd.”
Receiving an Award for Best Distributor
Kalana Hewamallika was the Chairman/Managing Director of Gamma Pharmaceuticals and The Arunadisi Traders as of 2018.
Kalana Hewamallika recieved an outstanding distributor award at the CTC annual Pinnacle Awards 2014, which “celebrates the achievements of CTC’s trade marketers and distributors for the previous year and motivates them to do better in the current year”.
Sponsorship and Promotion
Arunadisi Traders and its subsidiaries reportedly sponsored the events below:
- Arunadisi Traders was listed as a sponsor in the Gangaramaya Temple Wesak Zone in 2017.
- Gamani Brothers’ Group sponsored an annual cricket tournament of Public Health Inspector (PHI) trade union in Central Province. Please see Sponsorship for a PHI Cricket Tournament for more details.
Tobacco Unmasked Resources
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC)
- Sponsorship for a PHI Cricket Tournament
- Gangaramaya Temple Wesak Zone
- Pinnacle Awards
- Sri Lanka Business Database, undated, accessed March 2018
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC. Annual Report 2014, 2015, accessed March 2018
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC. Annual Report 2015, 2016, accessed March 2018
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC. Annual Report 2016, 2017, accessed May 2017
- Obituaries, 11th February 2008, accessed March 2018
- Caste and Family Politics Sinhalese 1947-1976, Janice Jiggins, , 1979, accessed March 2018
- Young entrepreneurs promote trade with Indonesia, , 10th January 2010, accessed March 2018
- Annual ‘Pinnacle Awards 2014, , 26th April 2014, accessed March 2018